Air dehumidification in an industrial room
Humid air prompt a lot of damages in industrial environment. The air dehumidifier is the perfect solution for lowering humidity levels. The dehumidifiers remove the excess moisture in the air, to fight condensation, prevent mould and avoid corrosion.
A dehumidify atmosphere is healthier to preserve products and employee’s health.
Why use an industrial dehumidifier?
The 10 signs of a humid room
This signs that should alert you to the need to dehumidify your premises:
- Emergence of fog in atmosphere
- Condensation on walls and surfaces
- Frost presence in cold room
- The clogging of powders
- The product solidification
- Airborne contamination proliferation
- The non-adhesion of paints
- The appearance of moulds and fungi
- Corrosion attacks
- Deterioration of products in their storage space
The dehumidification by adsorption makes possible to maintain a constant humidity level whatever the outside climatic conditions even if the room is cold or unheated (whatever temperature and humidity level), in summer or winter.
The humidity input
The humidity comes mainly from outside. In addition of outside air (external inputs: air infiltration, mechanical ventilation…), we must add internal inputs like: inside air cause by sweating, water vapor, but they can also come from production or storage processes such as wet products, freshly washed surfaces, etc.
Essential conditions to dehumidify:
For an effective air dehumidification, the room must be closed and sealed from the outside.
How the dehumidifier works
Air dryers are all made up with an internal element that is essential for their efficiency: the desiccant wheel. This unit is essential for the working machine. To remove moisture from the air, two counter current air flows pass through the desiccant wheel. The first removes moisture by crossing through the wheel. The second is heated to regenerate the wheel and reactivate it at each rotation. The cycle is continuous and ensures a constant dehumidification in the environment whatever the seasonal climatic conditions.
The principle of air dehumidification reduces energy consumption compared to a traditional ventilation system.
The advantages of air dehumidification:
- Reduced energy consumption (compared to a conventional heating or ventilation system)
- Deeply drying air (including construction materials)
- Measurable results with a hygrostat
Types of industrial dehumidifiers
We can found several types of air dehumidifier can be find in industrials environments:
- The standalone rotary adsorption air dryers with desiccant wheel : DESSICA supply a large range of standard industrials dryers from 160 to 13 000 m3/h
- The industrial condensation air dehumidifiers : connectable or mobiles
- The services and temporary solutions : allowing you to validate the sizing of a device before purchase, or to test before investing.
In order to choose the right dehumidifier for you, you need to know several parameters, including: the air temperature before dehumidification, and desired after dehumidification, the humidity before and after dehumidification, the volume of the room.
Do you want to install an industrial air dehumidifier? Contact us for a personalized quote by email or by phone at +33 (0) 4 74 08 44 44 email@example.com