DESCRIPTION DEHUMIDIFICATION In WATERWORKS AND WATER TREATMENT PLANTS
Preservation of production equipment from degradation produced by condensation, corrosion and mold
In waterworks and drinking water treatment plants, condensation phenomena and even moulds occur that cause equipment, buildings and protective paint to deteriorate prematurely:
- In summer and in mid-season, the pipes, closed filters and other treatment systems are often covered with condensation. This is related to the fact that the circulating water is at a temperature below the dew point of the ambient air. The ventilation systems that introduce often humid outside air are not efficient.
- In winter, the atmosphere in the premises where there are open filters is often very humid due to evaporation of water, causing water to drip down the walls. The ventilation systems are often very costly in energy, introducing cold air that increases the heating need.
DESSICA equipment allows these premises to be dehumidified regardless of the weather conditions while minimising energy consumption.
The DESSICA air dehumidification systems contribute to protect damage on equipment due to condensation, corrosion and mould.
The DESSICA air dehumidification systems serve technical premises waterworks and water treatment plant with a high experience in water production, water treatment and water purification. The DESSICA dehumidifier supply dry air to conserve and protect buildings and equipment all the year.
Preservation of electrical cabinets against corrosion in purification stations
The humidity damages the electrical and electronic equipment of water treatment plants. Very corrosive pollutants (H2S) are used and cause damage to electrical cabinets (oxidation of connections and voltage bars.) By maintaining a relative humidity below 30%, DESSICA systems preserve materials, and thus avoid appearance of corrosion.
IMPLEMENTATION desiccant Dehumidifiers for Waterworks
Production and supply of drinkable water
- Preserve the production equipment of degradations made by condensation and corrosion
- Limit energy consumption of ventilation system in winter
- Avoid condensation on walls and equipment
- Limit corrosion on materials and pipe
- Prevent mould apparence